The annual proxy for this pharmacy-led, health and well–being company had the following proposals:
- Proforma votes on directors, appointment of auditors, and “say-on-pay” advisory vote
- Board proposal on incentive plan
- Shareholder proposals on independent chairman and health risks from COVID-19 impact on tobacco sales
Magni voted as follows:
- For and against proforma proposals.
–For directors – The disclosures in the proxy meet the criteria in Magni’s policy on election of directors.
-For auditors – The company meets the criteria in Magni’s policy on auditor ratification.
-Against compensation- The disclosures in the proxy did not meet the criteria in Magni’s policy on the advisory vote.
- For board proposal on incentive plan – Per Magni policy, Magni votes in favor of many of these proposals.
- For and against shareholder proposals.
–For independent chairman – Per the Magni position paper, Magni routinely votes in favor of these proposals.
-Against health risks from COVID-19 impact on tobacco sales – The proposal attempts to use the pandemic as an excuse to reconsider tobacco sales. The specific ask is a report that the impact of COVID-19 infections creates risks. By the time the report is complete, the pandemic will have ended.